[SOLVED] Can dual core cpu run photoshop cc 2020 without using dedicated gpu?

Muhammad Jahid

Commendable
Jun 4, 2020
I am planning to build a pc for using adobe photoshop and illustrator mainly. But my budget is very low. I read all the requirements of adobe photoshop from their official website but i am confused understanding that...

My build will be:

Cpu: Intel Pentium Gold G5420 8th Gen
Motherboard: Asus Prime H310M-K R2.0 8th Gen
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4 2400MHZ
SSD: 120 GB Transcend 230S 2.5 INCH

Can I run photoshop cc 2020 version smoothly with this configuration?

Solution
Depends.
For just cropping and stuff, and light effects, maybe.
but photoshop has some very intense tools that would make this system screech.
That just means that some filters will take a long time to finish especially if you are working on high resolution images.
You will be able to fully use PhotoShop it's just going to be very slow with some things.
My build will be:

You can get 10th gen pentiums that will be as fast or even faster and also cheaper than this one and the mobos start at the same price as well.
Depends.

I suggest getting a 2nd hand machine, like a dell optiplex with a 3rd gen i7. it would be much better. and maybe even cheaper.
just put an ssd in there and thats it.

Depends.
That just means that some filters will take a long time to finish especially if you are working on high resolution images.
You will be able to fully use PhotoShop it's just going to be very slow with some things.
My build will be:

You can get 10th gen pentiums that will be as fast or even faster and also cheaper than this one and the mobos start at the same price as well.

Solution

True, but even the fastest dual cores dont compare to an oldish 4 core.

Shivam541141

Prominent
Jun 27, 2019
It would be much better if you spend a little extra and buy an AMD R3 3200g and A320 motherboard, and make sure that you buy it in the offline market to get some more discount.
You will get 2 more core compared to G5420 and a much better iGPU.

TRENDING THREADS