Question Can dvi with hdmi adapter do 144 hz?

Jan 19, 2020
I bought asus 248qe monitor ,
And cant get it to 144hz
DP shows no signal ,
Hdmi 2.1 dosent get to 144 hz
Does dvi with hdmi adapter can get to 144hz?
And if not... what are my options?
---
1060 gtx
Asus rog laptop

DVI-D to HDMI adapters get 144hz when you buy an active adapter which usually run about 100 USD. They are generally not considered worth the price, Same goes for a DVI-D to DP adapter.

HDMI wont work for 144hz on this monitor from what I can find, only DVI-D and DP which is common on lower end monitors.

Your best option is still Displayport. If the monitor has multiple input selection try and manually change it via the onscreen controls to the DP input. If that fails try a different DP cable.

Reactions: Lprite
Jan 19, 2020
DVI-D to HDMI adapters get 144hz when you buy an active adapter which usually run about 100 USD. They are generally not considered worth the price, Same goes for a DVI-D to DP adapter.
I
HDMI wont work for 144hz on this monitor from what I can find, only DVI-D and DP which is common on lower end monitors.

Your best option is still Displayport. If the monitor has multiple input selection try and manually change it via the onscreen controls to the DP input. If that fails try a different DP cable.

Jan 19, 2020
There's a bunch of them, and not all of them work correctly or give you 144hz, that's why most peopel say just avoid them.. Again try a new 5 dollars DP cable and see if that works. Theres no reason it shouldnt and DP will 100% give your 144 1080P
I tried , it showd "no signal" on two display port to mini displayport cables , both didnt work , had no choice to try something else :(