Question Can faulty motherboard damege a usb device or a monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menuis

Prominent
Aug 1, 2021
Hello. everybody. I have a problem with my desktop - tails after moving objects. You can see them in the screenshot. The same thing with integrated GPU, other HDMI or VGA cable and if I plug in my PC without UPS. I've had this problem with the desktop for 6 years. I wondering is it possible that this PC can damage a monitor, a mouse or anything else? And, therefore, another question, if so, can damaged devices damage another computer if I connect them to it? Can it be dangerous, should I avoid connecting things that have been connected to a faulty PC to other computers.screenshot
Important detail, probably the problem had occurred because I installed the cooler improperly and CPU overheated, probably, 30℃ higher than the allowed temperature.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. You should include the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU;
PSU:
Chassis:

Also does the issue crop up with a donor display/TV? You Might want to also include the age of the PSU in your build, apart from the wattage and it's make and model.

As for your question, if the power fed from your wall and the PSU aren't clean then it can and will damage your components in your build. It can also lead to displays outputting sub par imagery or worse that they get damaged as well. Does your house have a grounding problem?

Menuis

Prominent
Aug 1, 2021
Hello, thank you for replying.
Also, does the issue crop up with a donor display/TV?
The problem still exists with other monitors. The same if plug my PC in another house. What does mean "unclean fed power"?
Also, there is a feature in my monitor that I can change the response time and changing it affects these artefacts.

I don't know what has caused the problem, but I want to know should I worry that computer peripherals or monitor connected to that PC can damage and whether they can therefore damage another PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.