Can faulty RAM cause reboot loops?

terry679

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
So six months back I built my first rig and all was running smooth up intill a few weeks back when my comp crashed from BSOD and got stuck in a constant cycle of reboot looping (I will switch the power button on only for it to restart 5 seconds later before the screen even turns on or gets to bios), now Ive replaced the hard drive (Which was defiantly dead i checked it in another PC and it wouldnt boot either), PSU (Sent back for a replacement), graphics card (From an old build) and motherboard (Again sent back for a replacement) in the hope of remedying the problem but still no success and im stuck in the same loop. Anyone got any ideas whats wrong?? im thinking RAM or CPU but as far as im aware both of these are unlikely to cause looping?

System specs:

CPU: intel i5-2500k
GPU: nvidia 560ti
HDD: 500gb
RAM: 1 stick of 4gb DDR3
PSU: corsair 750w
Motherboard: MSI B75A-G41 Socket 1155 HDMI LAN VGA 8-channel audio ATX Motherboard
OS: was windows vista on old HDD but am yet to install a new OS on replacement drive.

terry679

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Sadly no i dont ive sent for some replacement RAM in the meantime though, if my CPU had overheated do you think the fan would still run?? (For the few seconds my comp is on before the restart loop the CPU fan still runs) or at least the screen would get to bios?

terry679

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Is there any other way to check my CPU is faulty other than putting it into another computer? in the event i don't get a refund for it, it would be nice to know its defiantly faulty before i fork out £140 odd for a new CPU.