Can find but cannot manually install Free GT-S3350 driver PC Windows 10

mommycat

Reputable
Mar 19, 2015
Have a Smartphone/camera Samsung GT-S3350, just bought USB cable to download photos to PC (internet not connected on device, not needed) but can't manually install the new driver from scratch. Instructions for manual installation stop working at a certain point. Please help, not a great techie--but thanks!

mommycat

Reputable
Mar 19, 2015

Let me clarify. I have the Samsung GT-S3350 Smartphone which I bought used a few years ago and it works just fine for my purposes BUT I do not connect to Internet with it. I don't need Internet on this Smartphone. The phone did not come with a driver and I do not have (and never had) a driver for it for my Windows 10 HP PC. Recently I find that I need to transfer photographs from my GT-S3350 to my PC and I bought a cable yesterday to do this. But I realize now that I need to get and install a GT-S3350 driver on my PC. The instructions for doing this are many and I have found them on my PC and have even come to the point where I downloaded the proper driver but cannot understand how to install it. Your first suggestion -- a version of Kies--I have no idea what you are talking about bc I am not that computer savvy. Ditto for Smartswitch, whatever that is. At the moment I have a call in to Samsung Chat help in the UK (I live permanently in Italy, though I am an American). If it is easier, I can phone you from Italy either via Skype or at a regular number, or if you are so inclined you can respond to me here. Thanks so much for taking an interest. Have a nice day.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Smart switch is software that Samsung made to transfer files between a PC and a Samsung smartphone, it includes all the drivers for the smartphones and can also be used to update firmware on the phones (my last 3 phones have been Galaxy models, S3, S5 & S7 so I have used this myself). It should be able to find the drivers you are after.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2fGPhPeGYg"][/video]

mommycat

Reputable
Mar 19, 2015
It has taken the better part of the day but I have downloaded Kies3 for Windows 10. However. I have no idea how to connect with my GT-S3350 Smartphone--after plugging in the USB cable, do I turn thne phone one or not? All I get is 'Connect device". More tomorrow, but thanks for your help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
All you should have to do is attach phone to PC via USB and KIES should recognise it. Seems I wasted a day for you as its not seeing your phone on the other end of USB - here are some steps you can try to get Kies to see phone: http://www.samsung.com/au/support/skp/faq/1045196

I know driver sites say they have drivers for 8 & 10 but I have my doubts, as Samsung don't have anything for phone past win 8 so it could be 10 literally doesn't support the phone. I would see what the Samsung chat people have to say, they might have a link to a driver I cannot find.

Another possible reason they don't install is Microsoft recently started enforcing driver signatures on the drivers and its likely Samsung didn't release signed Win 10 drivers for the phone, and Win 10 will just reject them, and not let them run. I don't know how you would get around that.

mommycat

Reputable
Mar 19, 2015

mommycat

Reputable
Mar 19, 2015
I think your hunch about Kies and Windows 8 and 10 is correct. Gound a great forum entry which is now gone forever) which finally allowed me to download Kies for Windows 8, but then insisted I upgrade to Keis 3.2 for Windows 10 and from then on, nothing doing. USB plugged in but Kies remains static, no movement. I appreciate your efforts, you've been great. I guess I just won't be able to download any of the photos I have on my Smart phone. What a pain.

TRENDING THREADS