Question Can find motherboard for Dell

Nov 24, 2020
Hello All, Thank you for allowing me to join your group. I have a problem and can’t find a solution. I have a 2015-16? Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series 2 in 1. The dc harness power adapter cord and socket that the power supply plugs in to Is broken. I had the little cord harness go bad and could not charge the battery so I had to replace both.

The receptacle on the MB was brittle and started chipping as I plugged the new harness/dc cord then it broke in pieces and it was hard to line the pins up with the socket so I bent a couple and tryin to straighten one broke. So I need the sock/receptacle located on the MB that where the short dc cord plugs in or a new MB.

what I am hoping is to either find a junk or bad MB and take the part off and solder it on mine or find the MB manf. And see if I can order the part. I am having no luck on a MB as I don’t know what all will fit. I can’t find a MB for a 7000 it’s always a 7*** wonder if a 7056 or others will fit? I have no way of telling what will fit this 7000.

Any suggestions and or recommendations are greatly appreciated, being a disabled senior just surviving on a little monthly check I can’t afford much especially after buying a battery and dc harness cord. Thanks in advance.

Nov 24, 2020
Thanks for the reply pctech2005. That’s part of my problem I don’t know what the part number is or how to find out what it is. I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
thanks

DSzymborski

Titan
It would be helpful if there's any indication of a model on the motherboard itself.

I won't lie to you; this is not a simple problem to solve. 2-in-1s are the scourge of the PC world when it comes to repairs and upgrades. You may need to seek guidance from Dell customer support.

Nov 24, 2020