Can get 2000 to install over

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I had (what I think) was a virus. Tried to reinstall w2k
and now system won't boot from harddrive. I have
reformated the drive a number of times. Currently get
this error on boot.
Windows XP could not start because of a computer disk
hardware configuration problem. Could not read from
selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.
Please check the Windows XP (TM) documentation about
hardware disk configuration and your hardware disk
configuration and your hardware reference manuals for
additional information. Boot Failed.

Documentations says I might be missing ntbootdd.sys (its
there).
Appreciate anyones help.
Thanks

Ben

Dave.

More information would really be helpful.

If you've TRULY formatted the drive, a new boot sector
should have been written.

Does this box have multiple physical disks or have you
created logical partitions on a single physical disk?

My advice based on what you've given so far: Make sure
that when you run SETUP, you choose to delete any and all
existing partitions.

Are you using an OEM 'restore' type disk or do you
actually have XP on its own?

Regards

Ben