Question Can get to Mobo logo, but then screen gets messed up.

Matheusboarini

Reputable
Mar 18, 2017
Hey, I have this PC with me for quite some time now (about 1,5 year). About a week ago I was browsing the web and then suddenly, it turned off. I tried booting it up again and nothing happened. I took it to some technical assistance and they couldn't find the problem. However they manage to figure out what was not defective. In short, the GPU, CPU, hard drive, PSU we're all good. But they couldn't decide if to was the Mobo os the ram stick. I took it home and tried some things. After some test, the PC gets to the Mobo logo screen and then the image gets all messed up, w/ multiple tears. Tries to connect my keyboard, but no response. (Side note: I've always had this "issue", which is my PC doesn't start right away, it turns on and off 3/4 times before really booting up). I don't know what's the problems. Please help!

My config.:
Ryzen 5 1600 @3.6GHz (using out of the box cooler)
GTX 1080 FTW
AB350 Gaming 3 motherboard
500w bronze EVGA PSU
1TB hard drive
Edit: 4 x 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz Vengeance

Last edited:
Screen artifacts during bios splash indicate gpu but could also be the psu going bad.
Side note: I've always had this "issue", which is my PC doesn't start right away, it turns on and off 3/4 times before really booting up)
Your pc fails to boot and tries to configure the settings. Which is your ram? Are you overclocking ram or cpu? If you can make it to bios settings, load bios defaults

Matheusboarini

Reputable
Mar 18, 2017
Screen artifacts during bios splash indicate gpu but could also be the psu going bad.

Your pc fails to boot and tries to configure the settings. Which is your ram? Are you overclocking ram or cpu? If you can make it to bios settings, load bios defaults
Oh yeah, my bad, totally forgot. My Ram is a 4 x 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz Vengeance. I do overclock my CPU, but I use the Ryzen "app" and don't overclock my Ram. And it's not GPU or PSU, the guy from t.a. tested the GPU in another PC and it worked and I've personally changed the PSU and nothing happened.

Oh yeah, my bad, totally forgot. My Ram is a 4 x 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz Vengeance. I do overclock my CPU, but I use the Ryzen "app" and don't overclock my Ram. And it's not GPU or PSU, the guy from t.a. tested the GPU in another PC and it worked and I've personally changed the PSU and nothing happened.
Reset CMOS and see if it fixes the issue. Don't use apps for overclocking. Configuring BIOS directly is always better.