Question Can Gigabyte b450m gaming-full hd at bios post?

julian_mustofa

Reputable
Dec 14, 2018
I have pc that won’t display fullHD image at post/when booting
Its fine on windows ui because of its gpu driver
But at bios still displaying 720p
I try to find related setting on bios config but i didn’t find one
My question is it bios related things or its gpu?
Monitors are connected via hdmi
And I already updated the bios
I know its just cosmetics things
But it doesn’t look nice and pixelated

pc specs:
Gigabyte b450m gaming
Sapphire rx590
Ryzen5 3600
Monitor Samsung c24f390 1080p

thanks

I have pc that won’t display fullHD image at post/when booting
Its fine on windows ui because of its gpu driver
But at bios still displaying 720p
I try to find related setting on bios config but i didn’t find one
My question is it bios related things or its gpu?
Monitors are connected via hdmi
And I already updated the bios
I know its just cosmetics things
But it doesn’t look nice and pixelated

pc specs:
Gigabyte b450m gaming
Sapphire rx590
Ryzen5 3600
Monitor Samsung c24f390 1080p

thanks
I think I know what you mean...

I had the same problem with my RX480 on my B450 board too. I tried and tried, even cleared out windows and "cleaned" my system drive with diskpart command to do a clean Win11 install on a completely pristine drive with the latest BIOS and it was the same.

It might simply be the way the drivers install for Polaris cards with certain board's BIOS's. Maybe it's the drivers not putting a full-HD driver in the EFI boot partition or BIOS (probably the GPU but maybe the motherboard) not telling the drivers it's capable of it during boot. Would like to know if only to understand better what's happening since it's really immaterial to the boot process.

Last edited:

julian_mustofa

Reputable
Dec 14, 2018
Is this your motherboard? If so, you're on BIOS version F63e? BIOS set to UEFI(i.e, CSM disabled)? Are you working with an adapter for your panel? Speaking of working, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age?
Yup.. thats my board
Yes csm already disabled
No adapter. Just hdmi cable
I try two psu
-Corsair cx750m
-power up vector 600 (i know this is not good lol)
But i think its not psu related either

I think I know what you mean...

I had the same problem with my RX480 on my B450 board too. I tried and tried, even cleared out windows and "cleaned" my system drive with diskpart command to do a clean Win11 install on a completely pristine drive with the latest BIOS and it was the same.

It might simply be the way the drivers install for Polaris cards with certain board's BIOS's. Maybe it's the drivers not putting a full-HD driver in the EFI boot partition or BIOS (probably the GPU but maybe the motherboard) not telling the drivers it's capable of it during boot. Would like to know if only to understand better what's happening since it's really immaterial to the boot process.
I think so . its not the driver
Just because all this happens in bios/uefi section not in the windows OS
And even in bios config UI its looks like 720p resolution streched to fit the display.
But its not happening on my other motherboard
(Asrock h270 performance) even with the same gpu and display

i have taken the picture
it seems like normal in camera
But when i take closer shot it showing the pixelated that i mean
And this logo should be smaller if its in fullHD resolution

35923659-21-C0-4-C42-ABCA-79255-EC0005-A.jpg

0-FA4-E24-F-63-AD-4-FBC-8542-074-B645557-C4.jpg

But its not happening on my other motherboard
(Asrock h270 performance) even with the same gpu and display
By "driver" I don't really mean the driver in the Windows installation. I mean whatever the UEFI/BIOS needs to know in order to command the GPU into a specific graphics mode. I've always assumed it was installed to the UEFI system partition when installing the GPU's graphics driver. But it may be something in the UEFI/BIOS for the motherboard. Something done right in UEFI BIOS on the Asrock h270 board for a Polaris card but wrong on our B450 boards. Whatever it is it works right on Navi cards, one on a B550 and one on my son's B450 which never worked right for the RX480/Polaris card.

But curiously, I installed the RX480 on an old Gigabyte FX990-UD3 board (AM3+, with FX-6300 CPU) and it works correctly, putting the GPU into full-HD mode for displaying the splash screen. I had to update BIOS to a UEFI and fiddle around a bit to get it to start in UEFI mode (Gigabyte does not make it easy), but once I did it popped in correctly. Surprised me.

Last edited:

julian_mustofa

Reputable
Dec 14, 2018
By "driver" I don't really mean the driver in the Windows installation. I mean whatever the UEFI/BIOS needs to know in order to command the GPU into a specific graphics mode. I've always assumed it was installed to the UEFI system partition when installing the GPU's graphics driver. But it may be something in the UEFI/BIOS for the motherboard. Something done right in UEFI BIOS on the Asrock h270 board for a Polaris card but wrong on our B450 boards. Whatever it is it works right on Navi cards, one on a B550 and one on my son's B450 which never worked right for the RX480/Polaris card.

But curiously, I installed the RX480 on an old Gigabyte FX990-UD3 board (AM3+, with FX-6300 CPU) and it works correctly, putting the GPU into full-HD mode for displaying the splash screen. I had to update BIOS to a UEFI and fiddle around a bit to get it to start in UEFI mode (Gigabyte does not make it easy), but once I did it popped in correctly. Surprised me.
Oh i tought it windows drivers, my bad

i also found interesting in the user manual on this gigabyte b450mGaming board
It stated that we can adjust resolution in bios “IF” we use integrated graphics
And its even 1080p by default
i have no idea why not in the dedicated one to

Display Resolution (Note)
Allows you to set the display resolution. Options are: Auto (default), 1920x1080 and below, 2560x1600, 3840x2160.
This item is configurable only when UMA Mode is set to UMA Auto.
(Note) This item is present only when you install a CPU that supports this feature.