[SOLVED] Can GT 1030 OC 2GB work on D-sub?

Jan 14, 2020
Hello everyone! My problem is that i dont understand this whole HDMI, DVI, D-sub thing. So i just wanted to ask you guys that can gt1030 that supports hdmi , dvi can be connected to a monitor that uses d-sub ?I don't really understand this d-sub thing....

Or if it can't then what should i do?

Sry for bad english and ty everyone!

Solution
Hello everyone! My problem is that i dont understand this whole HDMI, DVI, D-sub thing. So i just wanted to ask you guys that can gt1030 that supports hdmi , dvi can be connected to a monitor that uses d-sub ?I don't really understand this d-sub thing....

Video ports with dsub 15 are VGA. That is an analog standard for video. HDMI, DVI-D, and displayport are all digital only interfaces. So an active (powered) converter is REQUIRED to convert from the digital video standard to an analog standard to connect to a VGA only monitor. That analog conversion and the subsequent analog to digital conversion that happens inside the monitor degrade the...

kanewolf

Titan

Video ports with dsub 15 are VGA. That is an analog standard for video. HDMI, DVI-D, and displayport are all digital only interfaces. So an active (powered) converter is REQUIRED to convert from the digital video standard to an analog standard to connect to a VGA only monitor. That analog conversion and the subsequent analog to digital conversion that happens inside the monitor degrade the quality of the displayed image. An all-digital interface between your PC and monitor provide a much sharper image.

Solution
Jan 14, 2020
Video ports with dsub 15 are VGA. That is an analog standard for video. HDMI, DVI-D, and displayport are all digital only interfaces. So an active (powered) converter is REQUIRED to convert from the digital video standard to an analog standard to connect to a VGA only monitor. That analog conversion and the subsequent analog to digital conversion that happens inside the monitor degrade the quality of the displayed image. An all-digital interface between your PC and monitor provide a much sharper image.
ty