Can gtx 1060 EVGA FTW run with hp z210?

mfmoustafa

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
I have a hp z210 Xeon e3 1240 and I’m going to get EVGA 1060 FTW edition 3 gb .. can my rig run this card? Considering power supply and compatibility?
It has the standard 8 ddr3 ram ecc
And 7200. HDD 500 gb

Solution
If it physically fits and the psu is large enough to power the system, then it should work. That said, your mobo/cpu/bios is right around the time when changes to bios from legacy to uefi were being implemented and there was much confusion as to why new cards didn't work on the new bios. The biggest issues were with the 750ti, the Maxwell cards were a redesign in thinking, half the power and ability at twice the performance of the older generation nvidia cards. So depending on your particular bios, you may or may not have any issues, but if you do, it's a known issue and not specific to your setup. There are workarounds, tweeks etc you may need to implement, including a flash of the latest bios if needs be...

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

SFF case? might not fit

also since it is a prebuilt bios compatability is an issue

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If it physically fits and the psu is large enough to power the system, then it should work. That said, your mobo/cpu/bios is right around the time when changes to bios from legacy to uefi were being implemented and there was much confusion as to why new cards didn't work on the new bios. The biggest issues were with the 750ti, the Maxwell cards were a redesign in thinking, half the power and ability at twice the performance of the older generation nvidia cards. So depending on your particular bios, you may or may not have any issues, but if you do, it's a known issue and not specific to your setup. There are workarounds, tweeks etc you may need to implement, including a flash of the latest bios if needs be.
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Unable-to-boot-with-new-graphics-card/td-p/3930544
This might help.

Solution