Can gtx 460 fit into my hp dx7500 microtower pc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmax3d

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
PLEASE just need sharp clean answer :
with a new 600 watt Power supply . . . Can a nvidia GTX 460 fit into my HP dx7500 microtower pc ?? or it's size will make a problem ??
thankx in advace . . .

Solution
this case is the same that is used in HP consumer line PC's there are no extra random case parts in the way of a video card. there are 2 things you need to do with your video card.

1.) buy one with out a full length heatsink. the full length heatsink will cover your top 2 SATA ports.

2.) buy one with pci-E power connectors on the top, not the back.

aside from that you should be fine. the case is BTX so the video card back will be against the ram slots while the top will be almost touching the card reader bay.

if you can find a single wide card i would buy that but a dual wide with only a heatsink and fan should fit just fine.

I have used tin snips and a dremmel on these types of cases before to remove the memory card reader...

ncc74656

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
this case is the same that is used in HP consumer line PC's there are no extra random case parts in the way of a video card. there are 2 things you need to do with your video card.

1.) buy one with out a full length heatsink. the full length heatsink will cover your top 2 SATA ports.

2.) buy one with pci-E power connectors on the top, not the back.

aside from that you should be fine. the case is BTX so the video card back will be against the ram slots while the top will be almost touching the card reader bay.

if you can find a single wide card i would buy that but a dual wide with only a heatsink and fan should fit just fine.

I have used tin snips and a dremmel on these types of cases before to remove the memory card reader housing slot and then flip the card reader so the empty side is facing down. this adds a good 3/4" of room in the case. i do not think this will be needed for this small card tho. the card will extend 1.1" past the MB edge.

when i say a non full length card i mean one with this style of heatsink: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127510

edit: note the card i linked has PCIe on the back... you should have 1.5-2" of clearance between the card and the front of hte case. this will leave cables tight but it should work. look around and see if you can find a 460 with both a small heatsink and top mounted pcie

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS