Can H5 Ultimate Overclock?

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018
I am planning to buy a Cryorig H5 Ultimate and I wanna make it stable at 4.2 gHz all cores if my cooler can handle it. My expected degrees are under 80-70 Celsius. Would it do fine? I dont wanna go over budget cpu cooler of 60 usd. Would h7 do better? I don’t like the look of noctuas btw. I still didn’t decide to overclock yet, maybe in the future though. build:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vqHZjy

Solution
You have an unlocked CPU, a Z-series mobo, and look to be getting decent cooler... You, at some point, should OC. No question. If you like, you can see how it goes at stock and if you reach a point down the road where a core is at 100% utilization you can see if you can push it above 4.7 on all cores or at least hit that.
Yes, but not a lot. The H5 is a better cooler than the 7.

I’m at 4.7 on all cores @ 1.26v and no avx offset. Gaming temps hover around 60C, OCCT stress testing med/large sets gets into the 70’s. Small set gets too hot.

You might be able to squeeze more out by using an avx offset plus your VRMs are likely much better than mine. But, can’t get a ton of OC out of a 5 with a hot cpu.

To really get a good OC need a Cryorig R1, Dark Rock Pro 3/4, or an ugly Noctua.

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018

u think it is a good idea to overclock 4.2 on my rig?

tunatuna302

Notable
Aug 9, 2018

i guess I will not overclock sure?

You have an unlocked CPU, a Z-series mobo, and look to be getting decent cooler... You, at some point, should OC. No question. If you like, you can see how it goes at stock and if you reach a point down the road where a core is at 100% utilization you can see if you can push it above 4.7 on all cores or at least hit that.

Solution