Question Can H9f get 60fps 4k with rtx2070 super

Sep 5, 2019
I'm looking into a good budget 4k tv to go with my PC build. Really want to have my entertainment center all in one to save space and money. I've looked all over rtings and similar sites, but can't get a solid answer from anyone.

Can I get a Hisense h9f to hit 60fps or higher with a rtx 2070 super for PC use and gaming. And if I can't, can anyone recommend a tv in the same price range that can.

Thanks

Sep 5, 2019
Thanks for the info. I guess what I meant is that alot of these TV's in the budget 4k range, and even higher end range of that upwards $800, will cap the refresh rate at 29-30hz no matter what card or set up your running. Like the vizeo v505g model and similar brands. Which also caps your fps at 30 as well if your PC gaming. It's not a constant 120hz. Even the ones that do 60hz will cap it around 20-30. Might as well be playing console at that point.

Thanks for the info. I guess what I meant is that alot of these TV's in the budget 4k range, and even higher end range of that upwards $800, will cap the refresh rate at 29-30hz no matter what card or set up your running. Like the vizeo v505g model and similar brands. Which also caps your fps at 30 as well if your PC gaming. It's not a constant 120hz. Even the ones that do 60hz will cap it around 20-30. Might as well be playing console at that point.
I'm running a Sony Bravia and it does 60 fps just fine.

Sep 5, 2019
I decided to go with a different tv. Hisense is my backup choice now. It can get 60 fps at 4k. It doesn't do 120hz at 1080p though or 1440p. I found a Samsung only $174 more that will and has better picture and so on along with some better features and also has the 4k at 60.

Oct 2, 2019
Here's the thing.....I'm running an RTX 2080 Ti and THAT can't even get 60 fps in some games at 4K.....so an RTX 2070 Super is going to hit 60 fps even less often.

I don't think the TV itself should be an issue.
Here's the thing.....I'm running an RTX 2080 Ti and THAT can't even get 60 fps in some games at 4K.....so an RTX 2070 Super is going to hit 60 fps even less often.

I don't think the TV itself should be an issue.
hey there - so you have a much better gpu than me. But my question is: is 4K more worth it than a higher refresh rate at a lower resolution? I’m just looking for the best game experience but also have a big tv for football and the like. Thank you!

Oct 2, 2019
I decided to go with a different tv. Hisense is my backup choice now. It can get 60 fps at 4k. It doesn't do 120hz at 1080p though or 1440p. I found a Samsung only $174 more that will and has better picture and so on along with some better features and also has the 4k at 60.
Which TV did you end up getting? Curious if you prefer the higher refresh rate or the 4K as far as use and best with gaming.

Sep 5, 2019
I'm getting the Samsung q70r 55 inch. It has a few different options and is the best all around imo after doing hours of research. It's a bit pricey at $1000 but it's definitely worth it if your going HDR 4k and using a PC rig.

As to the above post about the tv itself. Your not really getting the point that alot of these 4k TV's will cap the 4k PC output to 30 fps and 30hz refresh even tho they advertise 60-120hz. So it's a 120 hz tv, but when you switch to 4k chroma 4:4:4 in PC output, it drops down to 30hz / 30 fps because it's a cheap piece of shit, and no matter what graphics card you have you can't get past the manufacturer cap.

The way the market is going and the cost of stuff, I'm going with the tv, skipping PC, getting a decent laptop, and a new Xbox next year because it will have all the 4k hdr stuff I want at 60fps.