Iver Hicarte

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
I currently have an i7-7700k Intel CPU and an RX 480 from MSI, I have been video-editing for quite some time now, and I have been using more and more of hardware tasking effects, like the questioned in this thread's title, does a dual GPU setup improve video editing performance GREATLY or is there only little difference in improvement?

I use Sony/Magix Vegas Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects to edit. And I edit on a 1080p 144hz monitor. For you Vegas Pro users, I want to be able to edit while on the "Best-Full" preset in the preview window, not in the "Preview-Full" preset. Is this "Best-Full" preset doable without any lag whatsoever if I have a dual GPU setup.

Thank you in advance!

Solution
You're better off getting the single most powerful card, that would net you more returns with minimal bump in power draw. Last I checked, DaVinci Resolve is the only app that can take advantage of a multi GPU setup.

Lutfij

Titan
You're better off getting the single most powerful card, that would net you more returns with minimal bump in power draw. Last I checked, DaVinci Resolve is the only app that can take advantage of a multi GPU setup.

Solution