Question can hdmi splitter be detected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2020
I would like to use a HDMI splitter to mirror my desktop (with windows 10 pro) monitor to another monitor. Can anyone who uses my computer detect that I am using a HDMI splitter without looking at the cables behind? How about VGA splitters? Are they detectable? I want to make sure that my second screen will stay hidden for security purposes. This is only for mirroring, not extension of the display.

Thank you.

USAFRet

Titan
I would like to use a HDMI splitter to mirror my desktop (with windows 10 pro) monitor to another monitor. Can anyone who uses my computer detect that I am using a HDMI splitter without looking at the cables behind? How about VGA splitters? Are they detectable? I want to make sure that my second screen will stay hidden for security purposes. This is only for mirroring, not extension of the display.

Thank you.
So you want to spy on the activities of someone else using "your" PC, without being detected?

If you are worried about what they are doing, why are you allowing them to use your PC?

Jun 27, 2020
It is a very basic question.
If you don't have a constructive answer keep your comments to yourselves.

Why would i need to have a splitter to get credit card data? There are many other keyloggers that I can use it on my computer if i want something like that.

Since it is my computer, If I want to spy on someone,i can easily record everthing using a software.

Please keep your primitive answers to yourselves.

Thank you.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Will a splitter be detected? No. However, just how close to your PC will you be when monitoring its use?

If you have such a trust issue with the other user(s), then you have a problem not tech related. This is more of a personal problem.

By the way, will the other(s) use his/her own account? Or, will he/she being using your account? Is the other an adult or a child?

Please don't lash out at other members for asking valid questions or voicing legitimate concerns. We can't assist with questionable "issues".

Jun 27, 2020
Thank you.

it is for my child’s. I want to watch watch what they are doing time to time from my room. I will try to use a 25 ft hdmi and switch to check their activities using my monitor.

USAFRet

Titan
Thank you.

it is for my child’s. I want to watch watch what they are doing time to time from my room. I will try to use a 25 ft hdmi and switch to check their activities using my monitor.
See...theres an answer and reason we can work with. Questions to a possible sketchy post, and then evading answers to those questions leads us out here to assume the worst.
Because we've seen the worst.

How I handled this with my kids (the youngest who will be 30 next year), was to simply have the PC in a common room of the house, screen facing out into the room.
Anyone could walk by at any time and see what was going on.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Thank you.

An app like this can help with kids on the 'Net as well.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
There are a lot of ways to handle this situation.

However....

As a parent with 2 teenage kids, this (spying) is the worst way to do this. If the kids figure out what is happening at any time, you are going to ruin quite a lot of trust and communication.

This will not end well.

popatim

Titan
There are a lot of ways to handle this situation.

However....

As a parent with 2 teenage kids, this (spying) is the worst way to do this. If the kids figure out what is happening at any time, you are going to ruin quite a lot of trust and communication.

This will not end well.

I also concur. The tech savy kids will notice the cabling is not right and you'll be discovered soon enough.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
To be completely honest, the real problem stems from this ideal:

'I want to watch someone and when they make a mistake, I can be there to punish them!'

This lends more into the insight of the parent's personality than the child's. A person (parent) who thrives on waiting in the shadows, anxiously awaiting the time where someone else might make a mistake in order to make them miserable, enjoys doling out punishment and lavishes in making someone else feel inferior while you feel superior is not conducive for a healthy parent-child relationship.

This entire situation should be halted and re-considered from a different angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.