Question Can I Activate Windows on another PC if I use my current PCs product key?

Gamefreaknet

Prominent
Mar 29, 2022
Hi. I am currently running a Dell Alienware laptop however am looking at getting a Desktop PC soon. On PCPartPicker it lists the Windows 11 Home Retail Download Key as £110/£111 however is it possible to use my current Windows Key to activate my new PC instead of buying a new key?

USAFRet

Titan
Hi. I am currently running a Dell Alienware laptop however am looking at getting a Desktop PC soon. On PCPartPicker it lists the Windows 11 Home Retail Download Key as £110/£111 however is it possible to use my current Windows Key to activate my new PC instead of buying a new key?
One license, one system.
And a Dell Alienware? That OEM license is tied to that specific system.

In the grand scheme of a whole new PC, a $100 license is maybe 10% of the total?
For something that you can use for a decade.

Buy a valid retail Win 10 or 11 license, and you can use that through several systems.

Dec 22, 2022
yes retail key can transfer to another Pc