Can I add a folder under start?

I installed a music program for my niece. I have about 30 folders under my
start with any number of items in each folder. Can I make one folder and
add all the subfolders under that folders, to make more room in my programs
list?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yes

"Seska Vedek" <seska_vedek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I installed a music program for my niece. I have about 30 folders under my
>start with any number of items in each folder. Can I make one folder and
>add all the subfolders under that folders, to make more room in my programs
>list?

To add selected items to the Start menu
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_start_additems_howto.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:UdxId.3530$x13.2586@fe06.lga,
Seska Vedek <seska_vedek@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> I installed a music program for my niece. I have about 30 folders
> under my start with any number of items in each folder. Can I make
> one folder and add all the subfolders under that folders, to make
> more room in my programs list?

Thanks Wesley for the help!
> To add selected items to the Start menu
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_start_additems_howto.mspx
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:UdxId.3530$x13.2586@fe06.lga,
> Seska Vedek <seska_vedek@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>> I installed a music program for my niece. I have about 30 folders
>> under my start with any number of items in each folder. Can I make
>> one folder and add all the subfolders under that folders, to make
>> more room in my programs list?

You're welcome, Seska! :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:ahSJd.5315$Ya2.2889@fe07.lga,
Seska Vedek <seska_vedek@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks Wesley for the help!
>> To add selected items to the Start menu

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_start_additems_howto.mspx

>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:UdxId.3530$x13.2586@fe06.lga,
>> Seska Vedek <seska_vedek@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> I installed a music program for my niece. I have about 30 folders
>>> under my start with any number of items in each folder. Can I make
>>> one folder and add all the subfolders under that folders, to make
>>> more room in my programs list?

Seska,

All you have to do is click rightclick START then OPEN. This will give you
YOUR start menu in explorer so you can cut/paste dirs/icons as much as you
like or create new folders or even change their icons
(rightclick>properties). To do the same thing for a different account, log
off then back in under the different account and repeat. To access the start
menu for ALL users just rightclick START and select OPEN ALL USERS. You
could for example drag folders from the all users window to your own start
menu window so that other users don't have access. Simple no?

Andy