Can I add a Tesla to a computer that already has a graphics card?

May 24, 2018
can I use both a workstation class graphics card (tesla) and a gtx 1070 on one computer - not sli? i-9 700x asus x-299 deluxe 64 gb memory. Multipurpose computer - some games, but autocad revit arcgis sketchup and adobe creative as well

Solution
Yes, you can install both cards in your system. However, they will each need to be connected to different monitors.

Edit, it might be possible to run a single or even multi monitor setup from the 1070, but instruct your applications that need the workstation class GPU to use the tesla card, this would be done in the NVidia control panel.
Yes, you can install both cards in your system. However, they will each need to be connected to different monitors.

Edit, it might be possible to run a single or even multi monitor setup from the 1070, but instruct your applications that need the workstation class GPU to use the tesla card, this would be done in the NVidia control panel.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan

Most Tesla cards do not have graphics output ports. They are not generally useful in a home situation. Most are also passively cooled and not suitable for desktop cases.

May 24, 2018

Thank you so much for the fast response