[SOLVED] Can I add an additional 8 pin connector to my PSU?

Solution
The internet description is wrong but it turns out that the PSU is the exact same model when I saw the info written behind it. The store owner said that it's 450W.

I don't see any unused additional connectors that are left. All cables that are attached to the PSU are filled and connected to my components.

So, can I add a new additional cable to my PSU?
if that sticker on PSU is same as in your PC...well then that store owner kinda lied to you
12V rail is what u need for GPU and CPU, it has just silly 24amp (288watts)
that doesnt mean u can run 288watts on this rail, its just peak capacity..u usaly go 50% during gaming with few bumps here and there (like when u start up pc, there is huge spike)
but on another hand looking at...

LeiHeJun

Upstanding
Dec 13, 2020
I have an AMD RX570 and it needs an 8 pin connector to run. I don't see any unused connectors whatsoever, all of them are in use.

Here's my PSU for reference:

https://www.foxin.in/shop/foxin-200-watt-12-volt-smps-with-204-pin-fps-500s/

rx570 is 120w and you have cpu to add to that. other pc components need power too. 200w is not enough. But to answer your question may be this cable can help:

link to amazon

but again, certainly 200w is not enough to power everything in your computer. So be aware before buying extra connectors. you better get a stronger power supply.
what you need is a power supply with higher wattage. But answer to the question you typed in the title, is the link I mentioned.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Reactions: drivinfast247
Dec 31, 2020
rx570 is 120w and you have cpu to add to that. other pc components need power too. 200w is not enough. But to answer your question may be this cable can help:

link to amazon

but again, certainly 200w is not enough to power everything in your computer. So be aware before buying extra connectors. you better get a stronger power supply.
what you need is a power supply with higher wattage. But answer to the question you typed in the title, is the link I mentioned.
Thanks for the reply. The PSU is definitely more than 200W because it runs my complete setup along with a RX 560. The internet description is wrong but it turns out that the PSU is the exact same model when I saw the info written behind it. The store owner said that it's 450W.

As for the cable, I don't see any unused additional connectors that are left. All cables that are attached to the PSU are filled and connected to my components.

Dec 31, 2020
Depends, how much do you like fire and how much do you like your RX 570 being fried?

If the answer is "not very," then you shouldn't be using this PSU at all.
The internet description is wrong but it turns out that the PSU is the exact same model when I saw the info written behind it. The store owner said that it's 450W.

I don't see any unused additional connectors that are left. All cables that are attached to the PSU are filled and connected to my components.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

If the store owner actually told you this, than you should never go there again because the store owner is either unqualified or a thief. This could have the best parts that ever existed and it's a sub-300W PSU by definition because of the +12V rail.

The only thing that this PSU should ever be connected to is the conveyer belt at the recycling center, after which some of the metals included in this PSU-shaped box will be re-used into something that isn't garbage.

Reactions: drivinfast247

if that sticker on PSU is same as in your PC...well then that store owner kinda lied to you
12V rail is what u need for GPU and CPU, it has just silly 24amp (288watts)
that doesnt mean u can run 288watts on this rail, its just peak capacity..u usaly go 50% during gaming with few bumps here and there (like when u start up pc, there is huge spike)
but on another hand looking at your 5V rail which has 30amps (150watts)..well this thing is pretty aged, because in 2003 was introduced ATX revision 2.0 when 3.3v/5v rails got reduced amps
so psu is made for pentium 4 before pci-express era (2003-2007)
usualy those cheap PSUs have 2year warranty
while premium priced PSUs have 10year warranty
in any case ure way past 10year life time and u want to push it hard? o_O
well if something wont melt, ull just get few fireworks there

Solution