[SOLVED] Can I add an EFI partition to new SSD after I already installed Win 10

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 13, 2022
So I just added an SSD to my HP PC with older standard HDD. Everythings running great and I want to format the old drive for storage but I see it has 3 partitions, mainly the EFI. Can I create a new EFI partition on the new SSD if I've already installed windows on it and what's the process? I checked and it's setup as GPT if that matters. Here's a screenshot of the disk management window,

52144231940_52cf3f676f_m.jpg

Solution
Just trying to make sure what I need to do before going forward
Execute following from elevated command prompt, to create EFI bootloader on 500GB drive:
(if you get any errors, then stop immediately)
diskpart
list disk
select disk 1
list partition
select partition x
(select 447GB partition, x= 1 or x=2)​
shrink desired=500
create partition efi
format fs=fat32 quick
assign letter=H
exit
bcdboot c:\windows /s H:

Last message should be "Boot files created successfully".
Shutdown, disconnect 2TB drive adjust boot priorities in BIOS and try to boot into...
Jun 13, 2022
Sorry, just seeing the last 2 comments. Both of you were a great help and got me to the finish line. I don't really see a reason to wipe it totally clean at the moment. It's just for file storage and I've already setup Dropbox with the specific folders I need synced up. The main project was adding the new SSD to a 5yr old PC and it was a huge success. I really wish I did this a long time ago. It's like night and day, running like a champ.

Again, huge thanks to both of you.