[SOLVED] Can I add more GPU while I have an iGPU?

SakakiKomachi

Commendable
Aug 28, 2021
I have A10N-9830E motherboard that have on board CPU with integrated GPU.

There's a slot to add more GPU. If I add more GPU, which GPU will work on gaming and rendering?

A10N-9830E
FX-9830P
AMD Radeon R7 (128mb)
4GB RAM

Solution
if the board offers PCIe x8/16 for a dedicated GPU than yes you can use a modern dedicated card.

whether or not you need to choose which graphics processor to use or if it will automatically be initiated is up to the motherboard.

you will need to read the manual and/or check within the BIOS to see what options are available.

you will also need to verify if your power supply offers enough power and offers the required PCIe power cables for whichever GPU you choose.
if the board offers PCIe x8/16 for a dedicated GPU than yes you can use a modern dedicated card.

whether or not you need to choose which graphics processor to use or if it will automatically be initiated is up to the motherboard.

you will need to read the manual and/or check within the BIOS to see what options are available.

you will also need to verify if your power supply offers enough power and offers the required PCIe power cables for whichever GPU you choose.

Solution
You can't add more, meaning it will not work together on the same thing with the integrated.
You can add different/more powerful to run your games faster.
Windows 10 lets you choose from graphics setting which GPU to use for which task but chances are as john already said that the bios will turn off the igpu if it sees a GPU.

Reactions: SakakiKomachi

SakakiKomachi

Commendable
Aug 28, 2021
You can't add more, meaning it will not work together on the same thing with the integrated.
You can add different/more powerful to run your games faster.
Windows 10 lets you choose from graphics setting which GPU to use for which task but chances are as john already said that the bios will turn off the igpu if it sees a GPU.
Got u Bro, thanks for the answer