• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

    Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

    Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Can I add more Ram to the ram I just bought

So I just built a PC and installed 16gb of G.SKILL Trident Z (link below). Am I able to then just buy another pack of the same 16gb to upgrade to 32gb or will they not play well because of configurations between packages?
Thanks in advance.

https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232728?Item=N82E16820232728
If they are identical, there's 99% chance they would work together well, the other 1% goes to luck (good or bad) and is the reason RAM manufacturers would guarantee only when they are bought as a set.
There could be a problem in either case thou, some CPUs may not work well at high speeds if both memory channels are used.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS