[SOLVED] Can I add to Current CL9 1.65V RAM - additional CL10 1.5V RAM?

Mar 28, 2020
Hi, currently I have 2 sticks (model: khx1600c9d3/4GX) (2x4gb) RAM CAS CL9 1.65V and need to add additional 4 or 8 GB 1.65 voltage is not popular and hard to find.
Would be okay if I add additional CL10 1.5V RAM?

unPfUm.png

Solution
Might work with motherboard adjusting timings to suit the slowest, but it's a might. Might being, mixing is a gamble.

What motherboard do you have? I suggest going 2x 8GB 1.5v Gskill or Corsair DDR3 ram to keep things simple.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Might work with motherboard adjusting timings to suit the slowest, but it's a might. Might being, mixing is a gamble.

What motherboard do you have? I suggest going 2x 8GB 1.5v Gskill or Corsair DDR3 ram to keep things simple.

Solution
Mar 28, 2020

Motherboard I have is https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z97DELUXE/specifications/

Current RAM I have is Kingston , I just found at home other brand 8GB 1.5v CL11 and put it in. It works.

TRENDING THREADS