Question Can I Attach GTX 650 Ti With My PC In Any Way!?

Jun 3, 2019
HP 8300 Elite
Ram 4gb ddr3
Intel HD Graphics

The only cards that would physically fit would be a low profile card such as the GT 1030 or some GTX 1050. But another issue would be the fact that PC has a very weak power supply not sufficient for any high draw card such as a 650ti. I also did find this https://www.amazon.com/Proto1-Exter...23e63d8e1339f84cb089c5ca53868c&language=en_US which you would use with a GPU riser cable in case you cant find a card that would fit. Again stay away from anything that needs supplemental power.

Another issue with trying to turn your PC into a gaming rig is the 4GB of RAM, which is not really enough for any modern game of the last 10 years (give or take a few years for some games) and you will encounter stuttering. My suggestion is to look at building a new system or look at some slightly older used parts.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019
Will gt 730 low profile fit in my pc??
Or can i use PCI express cable to make them work
I won't mind anything i just want a great graphics card

GT 730 is a terrible card. As far as what cards you can use depends more on the power draw of the cards and not the size, since you can either buy a bracket like I linked or rig up something of your own and use a PCIe riser cable to connect it. The best card for your system would probably be a GTX 1050ti, they are low power(some require no PCIe power from the PSU while others require 6pin connectors which are still are below 100 watts and usually only used for additional fans and overclocking). I still think the 1050 low profile is the only card that will physically fit in the case though.

Your system is really not a gaming system, your CPU is an older Intel and if you have an i3 or even an i5 its going to struggle with modern games(i5 wont struggle as much but still no ideal). Another issue is the fact you only have 4GB of RAM, pretty much any modern game will require at least 8GB.

I have 8gigs of ram now does it change anything?

Well you doubled the RAM on a system you can't put in a gaming video card in, so not sure what you expected the change to be. It won't change what video cards will work in the system.

The cheapest way you can get a gaming setup is to buy a used tower system with a 300 watt or so power supply and put in a working used nVidia 750 Ti. Or buy a motherboard, case and decent power supply for your CPU, RAM and hard drive, move those to the new case along with a gaming video card.

Really depends on how much you can spend. You will be limited by what you can do for that. If you can't buy parts, you can't do anything.

Reactions: DeyanH

TRENDING THREADS