8gb 2400mhz
Gt 1030 oc
Can I beat or compete a ps4 in:
Gta v
Battlefield 4
Black flag
Skyrim
In terms of fps and gaming

Your system is not as powerful as a PS4. It is not because of hardware either. First, the PS4 uses hardware that is not available to consumers, so there is not an exact match.

But more importantly, the PS4 is designed to play games and that is it. So the OS for the PS4 is geared to game where the windows 10 is geared for much more than gaming. Also, games are optimized to be played on consoles. So they run much better and efficient than they do on computers.

On the plus side, computers can be upgraded and do much more than game.

PCMACPC

Notable
Aug 5, 2017
Always difficult to answer such a type of questions. The PS4 games are optimized for the hardware. If you were using the PS4 hardware with PC version games, you would get much worse results.

You do realize that in the review you selected above they did not bench BF4? They benched BF1. Also, they had a much more capable processor than the G4400. BF1 scales very well with better CPU performance.

The PS4 also has games you cant play on PC, like God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn.

I am not saying that console gaming is better than PC gaming at all. But, in my opinion, if you have a very limited budget and have limited hardware, I would go with a console. The benefit here though is he can upgrade his system. He can go with a G4560 and a 1050ti down the road and will have a better experience.

YoAndy

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017

Your point? Is like saying oh your car is faster than mine but it has a turbo and it has been optimized. So? you still the looser. ;)

YoAndy

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017

Yes and I totally understand that the hardware for the PS4 PRO or in every console has been tweaked and optimized. So? We do the same with our PC's every time we overclock.

YoAndy

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017

You don't like been called wrong do you? The XBOX ONE and the PS4 PRO both companies work with developers, they optimize games for their consoles. Now on the PC world, the same thing is happening with Nvidia and AMD. That's why we have to update drivers (every time) after a new game has been released, and you know what we call that? 'Optimization', a new driver that optimizes your GPU for that specific game. Everyone does the same thing.

Now the PS4 Pro's 2.1GHz 8-core x86-64 "Jaguar", 8GB GDDR5 Memory & AMD Radeon GPU with 4.2-9 TFLOP equivalent to the RX 470, can't be beaten by a low end dual core G4400 @2.2 Ghz with a GT 1030 period.

Status
Not open for further replies.