[SOLVED] Can I boost my 1080ti gaming performance with a Nvidia Tesla Card?

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I think you need to re-watch the video because he's not doing anything like you think he's doing. He's not "boosting" an existing GPU's output, he's simply using the existing integrated graphics to be able to use a GPU without an output, doing some light hacking of Windows to get it to operate like a laptop does in this regard.

Reactions: Joseph_138 and lvt
I think you need to re-watch the video because he's not doing anything like you think he's doing. He's not "boosting" an existing GPU's output, he's simply using the existing integrated graphics to be able to use a GPU without an output, doing some light hacking of Windows to get it to operate like a laptop does in this regard.

That's what the article says, it's like a mod to use the GTX Titan hardware instead of the built-in video, you got a 12GB GTX card for $100 :D

Joseph_138

Distinguished
What he is doing is channeling the rendering power of the Tesla card through the onboard video to gain access to it's video out port. He is passing the signal through it, not boosting the performance of it. All the performance is coming from the Tesla card. The onboard video is idle. You also need hacked drivers for this to work. Linus did something similar with a 1060 based mining card that had no video outs. You cannot use this to boost the performance of a dedicated graphics card.

TRENDING THREADS