Can i break my controller while plugging it in my PC ?

Johnery

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
Hello,
so i had an issue with my PS4 Dualschock 4 controller, i used my Dualschock 4 controller on my PC till it broke somehow, first started randomly disconnecting from my PC so i changed my original cable that came with it, it worked fine for about a week then my left analog stick (used for steering) didn't steer full way when steering right, day or so after it just stopped working, it worked fine when connecting it on PS4 but still had an issue when steering, i don't know if it broke because of a hardware issue or because of my PC

Thank you for your help, excuse me for grammar mistakes, i'm from Europe

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
I think it a more likely scenario that it was just a faulty controller. However, you can always check your usb ports with a multimeter to make sure they are outputting the correct voltage. I think the only way you can know for sure is to try another ps4 controller with the pc.

Johnery

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
When it broke it was on my brothers PC, but i had same problems here on my own PC, i dropped it a few times but that was before 3-4 months, i had to buy a new controller because of my PS4 and i don't want it to happen again, especially because i payed a lot of money for new controller