[SOLVED] Can I bridge two graphic cards with different slot types?

Sep 16, 2019
I have two graphic cards of the same type both PCI express X16 but my computer slots are X16 and the other one is X1 (I have another X1). Can I use an adapter that will connect my X16 card to the X1 slot and bridge both graphic cards? Will it actually help increase performance? I am doing this to increase video performance but also because I need an extra HDMI connector. If I can, would you please tell me which parts I would need to buy from you to get this done?

Sep 16, 2019
x1? can't sli or crossfire.
what do you mean bridge ?
The "bridge" is a connector that connects to the top of each video card. My motherboard is a Lenovo Version 31900058 STD. This is my problem and maybe you can offer an easier solution. I need another HDMI connector coming out of my computer and I thought I can achieve this by getting another video card. But I have two video cards that use an X 16 slot and my computer has one X16 and two X1 slots. So I was thinking of using an adapter to connect the X16 to the X1 slot, bridge them and thought this would solve the problem. Do you guys have an easier solution? I must have two monitors and because I am using a VGA to HDMI connector, one of the monitors cannot adjust my screen size appropriately. The screen size is way bigger than my monitor. I can reduce it if I decrease the resolution but I want to use a high resolution. Any ideas? Much appreciated...