Question Can I buy an EPS cable to plug in a modular PSU?

thomas7140

Honorable
Nov 4, 2017
So my problem is this:

I have built a computer and I was finishing with cable management, but then I noticed, the motherboard CPU power was 8 pin pluss 4 pin. I had the 8 pin EPS cable, but I had no 4 pin cable because of my Power supply. It's "modular" but don't support CPU/EPS cables

So if I buy an PSU that has a 8 pin EPS(and 24 pin) and that supports an extra EPS 4 pin cable which I also buy. I guess this is what those PSU's are meant for, but none of them included extra EPS cables, so I don't know what to expect. Can I do that?

So my problem is this:

I have built a computer and I was finishing with cable management, but then I noticed, the motherboard CPU power was 8 pin pluss 4 pin. I had the 8 pin EPS cable, but I had no 4 pin cable because of my Power supply. It's "modular" but don't support CPU/EPS cables

So if I buy an PSU that has a 8 pin EPS(and 24 pin) and that supports an extra EPS 4 pin cable which I also buy. I guess this is what those PSU's are meant for, but none of them included extra EPS cables, so I don't know what to expect. Can I do that?

Shouldn't need both 8-pin and 4-pin.

But to answer your question, PSU cables are not "universal". In other words: You don't use an EVGA cable in a Corsair PSU, etc. Yes. You can typically buy extra cables, but they need to be made for your PSU.

But again... you probably don't need the extra power connector.