[SOLVED] Can i buy same Ram to get more ram ?

nahyan_121

Reputable
Aug 30, 2017
so guys i wanted to buy G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz but its out of stock in my country

so if i bought 2 of Those G.SKILL 16GB TridentZ RGB Series (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz is it going to work ?

I FEEL like its a stupid question

Solution
Don't know. The 4x8Gb is tested at the factory for compliance and compatability. They guarantee that they will work together. With you buying 2x kits, there's no guarantee, you become the tester.

If the kits are AB + CD, then it's possible A+B+C is compatible but not D, but also B+C+D is compatible but not with A, and so forth. Chances are it will be ok, but with you as the tester, if just 1 stick doesn't want to play nice, you could be swapping kits 100 times, just to find a combination that does.

It's always a gamble. The only guaranteed thing about mixing ram kits is there are no guarantees.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Don't know. The 4x8Gb is tested at the factory for compliance and compatability. They guarantee that they will work together. With you buying 2x kits, there's no guarantee, you become the tester.

If the kits are AB + CD, then it's possible A+B+C is compatible but not D, but also B+C+D is compatible but not with A, and so forth. Chances are it will be ok, but with you as the tester, if just 1 stick doesn't want to play nice, you could be swapping kits 100 times, just to find a combination that does.

It's always a gamble. The only guaranteed thing about mixing ram kits is there are no guarantees.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS