Question Can I buy the same RAM twice?

LewisMann

Reputable
Mar 2, 2019
Hi, I am planning on getting Corsair Vengeance 2x16GB 3000mhz RAM and was wanting to know if I could buy the same RAM to make it 32GB? Or am I better off to just buy 2x16GB of RAM? Is buying the same twice safe?

Thanks

WildCard999

Titan
Maybe, memory is finicky so it may or may not work. I'd rather not go through the hassle of selling memory so I'd buy an exact kit and add it to the existing kit and every time I've done this I haven't had issues but it is a gamble. I'll usually disable any memory overclock/XMP, add the new kit in and then enable XMP as long as the system boots previously. You could also go a step further and test with Memtest86 to ensure stability.

Reactions: LewisMann

LewisMann

Reputable
Mar 2, 2019
Maybe, memory is finicky so it may or may not work. I'd rather not go through the hassle of selling memory so I'd buy an exact kit and add it to the existing kit and every time I've done this I haven't had issues but it is a gamble. I'll usually disable any memory overclock/XMP, add the new kit in and then enable XMP as long as the system boots previously. You could also go a step further and test with Memtest86 to ensure stability.
Thanks for the reply, will consider that !