Question can i change atx cables?

Nov 1, 2022
sorry if this is a stupid question but i’ve been searching for a bit and can’t get a definite answer. i have a pre-built pc and the cables that connect the psu to other parts are working fine but aesthetically doesn’t match the build i want. can i just order new cables and replace those without having to worry that it’ll break my pc?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Do you know what power supply it is? There may be alternatives from the manufacturer but you wouldn't slap on generic or other branded cables if you weren't 100% sure they are designed for your psu pinouts. Psu Industry isn't universal so you have different brands and models putting positive and negative pins in different spots which their own cables redirect to appropriate posts on parts requiring power, ie drives or graphics card.

Short answer, you're better off buying new psu and replace all modular cables if the manufacturer of your psu can't help you.

Nov 1, 2022
Do you know what power supply it is? There may be alternatives from the manufacturer but you wouldn't slap on generic or other branded cables if you weren't 100% sure they are designed for your psu pinouts. Psu Industry isn't universal so you have different brands and models putting positive and negative pins in different spots which their own cables redirect to appropriate posts on parts requiring power, ie drives or graphics card.

Short answer, you're better off buying new psu and replace all modular cables if the manufacturer of your psu can't help you.

i see. thank you for letting me know. i’ll be changing my power supply. Does corsair have good power supply?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
They do have Tier A units.

RMx models are excellent, 10yr warranty. Hx/Ax are higher grades but cost more.

TRENDING THREADS