Question Can i change everyting except my ssd with win. 10 ?

Jul 21, 2019
  1. Sorry for my english , im not verry good at it.
  2. Im looking forward to update everyting except my ssd with win. 10 and hdd will the "new pc" boot to win. normaly or i have to do something special ?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
If you change out the motherboard you will have to go through the steps to reactivate your Windows license.

Windows 10 digital licenses are tied to the motherboard of the machine on which the license was originally issued.

Jul 21, 2019
If you change out the motherboard you will have to go through the steps to reactivate your Windows license.

Windows 10 digital licenses are tied to the motherboard of the machine on which the license was originally issued.

So it should boot in to windowns and i just need to reactivate it ?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
As has been said on this forum on many occasions, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, it depends on far too many factors in combination to make any definitive statement ahead of time.

Sometimes when it does you spend weeks chasing down all sorts of issues because the Windows 10 instance you're now running with virtually entirely new hardware was not set up internally with that same hardware when it was originally configured. As far as I'm concerned, it's just asking for trouble.

Jul 21, 2019
As has been said on this forum on many occasions, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, it depends on far too many factors in combination to make any definitive statement ahead of time.

Sometimes when it does you spend weeks chasing down all sorts of issues because the Windows 10 instance you're now running with virtually entirely new hardware was not set up internally with that same hardware when it was originally configured. As far as I'm concerned, it's just asking for trouble.
Ok thanks for your time.

USAFRet

Titan
So it should boot in to windowns and i just need to reactivate it ?

3 possible outcomes:
  1. It boots up just fine
  2. It fails completely
  3. It boots up, but you're chasing issues for weeks
I've seen all 3.

You might get lucky, and everything 'just works'.
But you'll be a sad panda if you don't prepare, and things go wrong.

Changing parts like that, a clean install is always recommended, often required.