Question Can I change my main disk from a HDD to an SSD?

chriswa2002

Honorable
Feb 24, 2017
Hello, thanks for stopping by and helping.
So, I plan on buying a desktop PC, I have an older 500GB SSDfrom my other computer, and I would want to buy a gaming PC with a HDD so I can later put the SSD as the main disk (where windows and all the processes run). My other computer used to run windows on that SSD too so I would like to know if this would be possible.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello, thanks for stopping by and helping.
So, I plan on buying a desktop PC, I have an older 500GB SSDfrom my other computer, and I would want to buy a gaming PC with a HDD so I can later put the SSD as the main disk (where windows and all the processes run). My other computer used to run windows on that SSD too so I would like to know if this would be possible.
Unclear of your actual question.

Can you use an SSD as your main drive? Sure.
Can you move the contents of your current HDD, to a new system and SSD? Almost certainly not.

chriswa2002

Honorable
Feb 24, 2017
I mean that I had an SSD as my main drive (windows and the pc worked fine with the SSD as the main drive) on my old computer, and i want to buy a new pc with an HHD so i don't have to buy another SSD. So I want to use my old SSD in my hopefully soon new computer.