Can I change to a Ryzen5?

Apr 23, 2018
Hi everyone, I want to upgrade my pc and i do not know if my current hardware can support newer components.

My specs:
Intel Pentium g3250
GTX 750ti 2gb Windforce 2x OC
8gb ram
1tb
450 watt
MOBO: H81M-VG4 R2.0

I want to upgrade to a Ryzen 5 or 3 but i dont know if my motherboard can support it.
I can also upgrade to a 1050 or 1060 if i want to but i am not sure about the cpu. I think i can only upgrade to a i5 4460 sth , because it has haswell technolohy.
Thank you for your time!

Solution

the CPU you have now is a 4th gen intel CPU so you will be limited to 4th gen intel core i3/i5/i7 CPU's. there may be a few 5th gen CPU's that would work. you can lookup your motherboard's model number on the manufacturers website and they will have a list of CPU's it will support. some may require you to update the BIOS to work

the CPU you have now is a 4th gen intel CPU so you will be limited to 4th gen intel core i3/i5/i7 CPU's. there may be a few 5th gen CPU's that would work. you can lookup your motherboard's model number on the manufacturers website and they will have a list of CPU's it will support. some may require you to update the BIOS to work

Solution