[SOLVED] can i change what should my PC do during high temperature?

Apr 14, 2020
my cpu sometimes overheat when i'm playing games. and when it's started to overheat, the PC shutdown.
my PC can't withstand sudden shutdown. it always having BSOD after i turn it back on (even if i waited until the CPU is cool enough to power on).
but if it's a sudden restart or sleep,it won't have any problem.
can i change what should my PC do when it's overheating?

(i've already equipped it with a thermalpaste and better cooling system. so, there is no need to talk about cooling sytem.)

thank you!

Solution
D
What you can do is check the case fans to ensure they're working properly, do some cable management if you haven't already so that airflow isn't restricted, clean the case and components of dust, and finally throw in $25-30 for a Deepcool Gammaxx 400 (check to see if your case supports its dimensions). The stock Intel cooler is atrocious.

You can also try moving one of the rear exhaust fans to the front, so you get two intakes and one exhaust, if your case allows it. If your case has a closed front and not many ventilation holes, keep the cooling setup as is.
D

Deleted member 2720853

If you've equipped it with thermal paste and a "better" cooling system, why does it still overheat to the point of shutting down? That's not normal at all, worst case scenario it should throttle the speed.

What is your CPU cooler? Have you mounted it properly? What is your chassis and how is your airflow set up (case fan positions)?

Full system specs including make and model of PSU?

Apr 14, 2020
Thermal Paste: coolermaster mastergel
Fan : Standard Intel cooler
Additional fans: 2 at the back and 1 at the front
CPU : Core 2 Quad Q8300
RAM : 4 GB DDR2
GPU: GT 730 2 GB DDR3
Drive: 1,5 TB HDD
Mobo: P5KPL-AM
OS: Windows 10 Pro (i doubt windows 10 made my PC overheat. my PC overheat more often on windows 10)
BIOS from 2008. i'm too scared to update it. not a professional.
ask me for more.

after that, can you tell me how to change what should my PC do during overheat?
i have a program that can monitor temperature and put it to sleep if it overheats.
but what if the Program got freezed due to Full CPU and RAM usage?
please help

D

Deleted member 2720853

What you can do is check the case fans to ensure they're working properly, do some cable management if you haven't already so that airflow isn't restricted, clean the case and components of dust, and finally throw in $25-30 for a Deepcool Gammaxx 400 (check to see if your case supports its dimensions). The stock Intel cooler is atrocious.

You can also try moving one of the rear exhaust fans to the front, so you get two intakes and one exhaust, if your case allows it. If your case has a closed front and not many ventilation holes, keep the cooling setup as is.

Solution