[SOLVED] Can I clean my PC with a hair dryer?

gordonmousedeer

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
I am currently unemployed and I do not want to spend any money if possible. I want to remove dust from inside my desktop computer. A hair dryer sucks air in from one end and shoots all that air out from the other end. I plan to use the suction/intake end of a hair dryer to suck dust out of my desktop computer.
(1) Can I use a hair dryer to remove dust in a desktop computer?
(2) Do I have to put a panty hose over the intake end of the hair dryer or prepare the hair dryer in any way before cleaning dust?
(3) Will my hair dryer choke and die sucking dust out?

Solution
Better if you use the blowing end (switch to neutral/cold temp) and blow the dust out outside of house...instead of using the suction part... for that you should use a vacuum cleaner.

If you are really low on budget, you may opt for a Canned Air Duster, it should last for quite sometime,

If you are really really broke, you may get a hand air blower, which can be used indefinitely, just by pressing it it will blow air to blow away your dust.

wong93

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012
Better if you use the blowing end (switch to neutral/cold temp) and blow the dust out outside of house...instead of using the suction part... for that you should use a vacuum cleaner.

If you are really low on budget, you may opt for a Canned Air Duster, it should last for quite sometime,

If you are really really broke, you may get a hand air blower, which can be used indefinitely, just by pressing it it will blow air to blow away your dust.

Reactions: grimfox
Solution