Can I clone from a Samsung SSD to a WD HD?

Philipp2

Commendable
Feb 20, 2016
I want to move my Drive C: Samsung SSD OS (information) back to the original WD HD so that I can reuse the Samsung in a new computer and restore the old one to it's original configuration.
Will the migration software work in reverse?

Solution
Hey there, Philipp2.

You shouldn't have any problems with cloning your OS back to the HDD, I think it should work both ways, although I haven't personally used that software.

On the other hand, if for some reason you are unable to do that with the software provided by the SSD manufacturer, you still have the option to complete the cloning process via Acronis True Image WD Edition. Here's how to do that:

1. Clone the drive automatically: How to automatically clone a disk with Acronis True Image WD Edition software
2. Clone the drive manually: How to manually clone a disk with Acronis True Image WD Edition software.

Note that before you start the cloning process, you should backup any important information you might have...
Hey there, Philipp2.

You shouldn't have any problems with cloning your OS back to the HDD, I think it should work both ways, although I haven't personally used that software.

On the other hand, if for some reason you are unable to do that with the software provided by the SSD manufacturer, you still have the option to complete the cloning process via Acronis True Image WD Edition. Here's how to do that:

1. Clone the drive automatically: How to automatically clone a disk with Acronis True Image WD Edition software
2. Clone the drive manually: How to manually clone a disk with Acronis True Image WD Edition software.

Note that before you start the cloning process, you should backup any important information you might have on those drive, just to be on the safe side.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Boogieman_WD

Solution