Question Can I combine my GT 630 and AMD Radeon R7 on 1 computer?

Apr 1, 2020
My uncle just gave me his old gpu (GT 630) and I currently have my apu A8-7500 Radeon R7, 10 compute cores 4C+6G.
Now, I installed it and tried to play some games, my fps is now unstable but sometimes it's better than before. My uncle also said that I try benchmarking it so I tried.

View: https://imgur.com/a/OvH8Yyk
here is the benchmarking results

I wanna know what can I do to make it better

DSzymborski

Polypheme
Is there like any other gpu I can combine with my apu?
You might be able to Crossfire it with an R7 240 (since that's worked with the similar A5-7600), but this is a poorly documented APU which if memory serves, was a mostly found in pre-builts, so there's no guarantee that it'll work. And even if it works, it will still likely be terrible.

This is all extremely old entry-level equipment and realistically, you're only going to get very small gains with these very small upgrades. A significant upgrade in performance is going to require a significant hardware upgrade, meaning a more modern platform, an actual GPU that's designed for gaming rather than using office applications and surfing the web, and likely a modern PSU to power the latter.

Reactions: Aelexis
Apr 1, 2020
You might be able to Crossfire it with an R7 240 (since that's worked with the similar A5-7600), but this is a poorly documented APU which if memory serves, was a mostly found in pre-builts, so there's no guarantee that it'll work. And even if it works, it will still likely be terrible.

This is all extremely old entry-level equipment and realistically, you're only going to get very small gains with these very small upgrades. A significant upgrade in performance is going to require a significant hardware upgrade, meaning a more modern platform, an actual GPU that's designed for gaming rather than using office applications and surfing the web, and likely a modern PSU to power the latter.
Thank you for your response

animekenji

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
You'll get driver conflicts because Nvidia doesn't want AMD people using their cards as PhysX cards alongside an AMD card.

I wouldn't bother trying to do hybrid crossfire, either. I bought a GTX 1050 Ti for a system that I have with an A10 APU because nothing that would crossfire with the onboard graphics would have been faster than the 1050 Ti by itself.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS