[SOLVED] Can I Connect 2 Different Internets Connections 1 WIFI (Business Account) and 1 Ethernet (My Personal Residential Account) together on my PC

Oct 31, 2020
Can I Connect 2 Different Internets Connections 1 WIFI (Business Account) and 1 Ethernet (My Personal Residential Account) together on my PC
my landlord pays for business account i pay for residential account I wanna use both at the same time to help while gaming and streaming. what can i do i would love to have better bandwith and internet speeds and ping if possibe. also wanna make it so some programs use wifi and others use ethernet

Solution
Technically you can connect to both router one via wifi and one via ethernet if you want. You must make sure they do not use the same subnet when you do not have control of both routers.

Now connecting to them and using them for anything actually useful is a different story.

The key thing you can't do is combine them and get more bandwidth. A single file transfer is made up of a single IP and actually a single pair of ports. So there is no way to get a faster download...ignoring torrents.

In addition you can only partially use both connection because they have different IP addresses. Since they have different IP addresses they are considered different machines. The example that most people on this forum...
Oct 31, 2020
ok so any suggestions on usable software that could let me chose witch applications that connect to internet using Wi-Fi or ethernet since with them being on different accounts. sadly I cannot connect my router (Razer Sila) and my landlords (Asus Nighthawk) because there in different locations and to much mess with all the cords to make that work with a new multi-wan router

Technically you can connect to both router one via wifi and one via ethernet if you want. You must make sure they do not use the same subnet when you do not have control of both routers.

Now connecting to them and using them for anything actually useful is a different story.

The key thing you can't do is combine them and get more bandwidth. A single file transfer is made up of a single IP and actually a single pair of ports. So there is no way to get a faster download...ignoring torrents.

In addition you can only partially use both connection because they have different IP addresses. Since they have different IP addresses they are considered different machines. The example that most people on this forum understand is say you were to log into the game site main server via ISP 1 and then you attempt to open a session on a world server on ISP 2. Since these are different IP the game company will think you are hacking and likely disconnect both sessions. This not just game companies, say a site uses a different server to process its credit cards and you place your order using ISP 1 and then attempt to pay using ISP 2.

SO if you really want to pursue this. The magic command is ROUTE.

What you want to do is DELETE one of the 0.0.0.0 entries. This is the default route. Now all traffic will flow over the link that still has the 0.0.0.0 route. You now can use the route ADD command to add in routes for the IPs you want to use the secondary server. So with careful planning you could use one connection just for your game and run your web surfing on the other.

In general it has extremely limited usefulness

Solution