Question Can i connect 2 fan hub on z370- prime?

damnman99

Prominent
Nov 1, 2019
hello, i have z370-a prime and today i received new deepcool rf120m fans i started installing it and installed only 3 fans 1 on back 2 on top ( all of them connected on fan hub ) fan hub is connected on CHA_FAN2 so now i have 2 fans left to connect one on front and one idk where so can u help me guys xD

The motherboa2 x Chassis Fan connector(s)
hello, i have z370-a prime and today i received new deepcool rf120m fans i started installing it and installed only 3 fans 1 on back 2 on top ( all of them connected on fan hub ) fan hub is connected on CHA_FAN2 so now i have 2 fans left to connect one on front and one idk where so can u help me guys xD
The motherboard has 2x 4-pin chassis fan headers. You could use another fan hub or fan splitter on the 2nd 4-pin chassis fan header.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Look at your mobo manual's diagram on p. 1-18. The CHA_FAN2 header is near the rear center of your board, and right under it is the AIO_PUMP header, but that's not commonly used for case fans. The CHA_FAN1 header you seek is right on the front edge near the top. I do NOT recommend using the CPU_OPT header right below the CPU_FAN header. Both of those use a temperature sensor inside the CPU chip to guide them. The two CHA_FANn headers use a different sensor on the motherboard, better suited to guiding case ventilation.