[SOLVED] Can I connect 2 power supplies to 1 pc?

BKsniperguy

Reputable
May 20, 2019
Recently I bought an HD7990. I own 2 Antec vp500p v2 power supplies. If I connect one power supply to an 8 pin connector on the graphics card (and the rest of the pc) and have a second power supply connected to the other 8 pin connector will stuff break if they are connected to the same wall socket via multiplug?

Solution
Recently I bought an HD7990. I own 2 Antec vp500p v2 power supplies. If I connect one power supply to an 8 pin connector on the graphics card (and the rest of the pc) and have a second power supply connected to the other 8 pin connector will stuff break if they are connected to the same wall socket via multiplug?

A garbage PSU (Antec's CP500P V2 is their cheapest PSU) plus a second garbage PSU doesn't mean it can power a high power graphics card.

Option 1: Sell the two PSUs and use that money towards a proper PSU.

Option 2: Sell or return the HD7990 and get a lower power card.

A garbage PSU (Antec's CP500P V2 is their cheapest PSU) plus a second garbage PSU doesn't mean it can power a high power graphics card.

Option 1: Sell the two PSUs and use that money towards a proper PSU.

Option 2: Sell or return the HD7990 and get a lower power card.

Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
That is a fairly bad idea. Could it work yes, would I do it NO WAY.

In reality you could connect the 2 24 pin connectors (power on wires) so that when you pushed the power switch on the case it would cut on both power supplies. Would I do this absolutely no way. If you don't have a proper power supply for your hardware then buy one.

TRENDING THREADS