Question can i connect 3 rgb fans on this Motherboard?

naruto66

Prominent
Jun 18, 2019
www.reddit.com
i wanted to buy the ASRock B450 steel legend, and a case that comes with 3 ARGB fans? i wanted to know if i could connect it with this motherboard?

the case is RAIDMAX NEON ARGB G21-FWB

sorry for my english, thanks.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Probably. But I cannot answer exactly right now because I cannot reach any Raidmax website to check the details. The sales page for that case on Newegg clearly says it includes three ARGB fans that are "controlled by the Reset Button", which would indicate there is some pre-installed connection to a simple ARGB controller included with the case. IF the connectors involved are the currently common ones, then you could disconnect from that and connect them instead to a mobo ARGB header. Your mobo does have one of those, plus a plain RGB type header. So you need to make sure to use the correct header, and you MAY need a cable or Splitter to get it hooked up. My problem is that the illustrations for the case show what appear to be plain RGB lights in the front fans, and not the ARGB type. So it's hard to be very sure.

All of that relates solely to the LIGHTS in the fans. An ARGB fan or RGB fan really is two devices in one unit - a fan motor, and a light set. Each has its own separate cable and connector, so you need to be able to make connections for each to correct mobo headers.