[SOLVED] Can i connect a 4 pin to gpu using an adapter (4 pin to 8 pin)

Oct 29, 2019
so this is the 2x4 pin cables that my psu has. My gpu requires 8 pin but the other 4 pins is already connected to my mobo, so can i buy a 4 pin to 8 pin adaptor that looks like this. I have a 700w atx powerlogic psu. And i dont have enough money to buy a new one so can you please tell me if it can power up my gpu using that adaptor (second pic)

Mockingjason

Proper
May 22, 2019
I would never recommend that. Adaptors are NEVER a good idea, you have a somewhat high chance of the PSU destroying the GPU and maybe even everything it is connected to. Yes, adaptors work but it's risky. I would strongly suggest buying a new PSU

Reactions: Maxell163
Oct 29, 2019
I would never recommend that. Adaptors are NEVER a good idea, you have a somewhat high chance of the PSU destroying the GPU and maybe even everything it is connected to. Yes, adaptors work but it's risky. I would strongly suggest buying a new PSU
Oh, thanks for your advice.
Since maybe I'll just get a new PSU, what would you recommend on buying, maybe a budget but decent psu would be great. :))
Specs:
Core i7 3770
Rx 570 sapphire pulse 8gb
8gb ram
500gb hdd
Msi h61m mobo
Thanks in advance!

Mockingjason

Proper
May 22, 2019
Oh, thanks for your advice.
Since maybe I'll just get a new PSU, what would you recommend on buying, maybe a budget but decent psu would be great. :))
Specs:
Core i7 3770
Rx 570 sapphire pulse 8gb
8gb ram
500gb hdd
Msi h61m mobo
Thanks in advance!
what is your budget? how much can you spend?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS