Can I connect a second GPU into the x8 slot just to add a third monitor?

Mar 6, 2018
I currently have a Samsung curved 1920 x 1080 display, with an HP 2009m monitor as the second and another HP 2009m as a third. I attempted to connect all three to the back of my 1050 TI and only 2 would turn on. I'm not sure if this is the gpu's issue or the dvi adapters issue. I currently have HDMI to my main VGA to Display Port on the second and VGA to DVI 24+1 on my third.

Solution
Probably the only thing you need to do is reinstall the ]url=https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/135676]latest drivers from NVidia[/url]. As you can see, both cards are supported under this driver package. Drivers are for a GPU chip and not the seller (ASUS, Galax, doesn't matter).

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Looking at the ASUS FAQ Page, I found that the 10xx series NVidia cards support up to 4 displays, so I would expect your card to support all three displays you have.

Since the HP 2009m has both VGA and DVI inputs, I'd scrap using the VGA port and switch cables to a DisplayPort to DVI and a straight DVI to DVI (HDMI still going to your main display).

-Wolf sends

Mar 6, 2018
Well since I had just connected the gpu into the pc and that was hard enough due to this case, I think I may be better off connecting VGA to VGA through that. Now the third monitor detects the cable, but gets no signal. Is it possible I need to enable this GPU in the BIOS? I'm assuming however since device manager picks up the GPU it just needs drivers, as it says it cannot load due to missing drivers. They're both nvidia gpus but one is galaxy and one is asus.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Probably the only thing you need to do is reinstall the ]url=https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/135676]latest drivers from NVidia[/url]. As you can see, both cards are supported under this driver package. Drivers are for a GPU chip and not the seller (ASUS, Galax, doesn't matter).

-Wolf sends

Solution