[SOLVED] Can i Connect Cooler Master 212 on my board

May 10, 2021
Hello , i have asrock a320m hdv r4.0 motherboard

and i want to buy Cooler Master 212 cooler Or Hyper H410R

The question is can i connect the RGB Cable in the board ? because i heard alot there is no RGB header in the board but maybe there is a way to connect the RGB Direct to PSU ?!!

Thanks...

Solution
Both coolers come in multiple formats.
The LED (one color only) can plug directly into fan headers and PSU (via adapter).
The RGB (and ARGB) version needs to plug into a fan header (to spin the fan) and an RGB (or ARGB) header to control the fan color. If your lacking an RGB (or ARGB) controller then you can purchase the right controller separately.

popatim

Titan
The LED (one color only) can plug directly into fan headers and PSU (via adapter).
The RGB (and ARGB) version needs to plug into a fan header (to spin the fan) and an RGB (or ARGB) header to control the fan color. If your lacking an RGB (or ARGB) controller then you can purchase the right controller separately.

Solution
May 10, 2021
so you mean i can connect the cooler with one color only if i use to connect it direct to PSU because i don't think i have RGB headers on board only i saw FAN_CHA for case fans i think

popatim

Titan
One color only needs power so it is pretty universal as long as you get the right size and have the appropriate connector. Some fans only connect to a molex from your PSU for example.

RGB and aRGB need power as well as a controller to tell them what color to be so power and 'color' use a separate wiring harnesses. The fans may need specific controllers as there is no standard yet.

The fan_cha is a chassis fan header. It supplies the fans 'spin' power and usually controls the spin speed as well but check your motherboards specs to see if it uses PWM or Voltage to control the spin. If in doubt, if the connector has 4 pins its PMW, if it has 3 then it's Voltage. Putting the wrong fan on means the fan will probably only spin at max speed.