[SOLVED] Can i connect my hdmi monitor to my gtx 1060 which has displayport

Sep 30, 2019
so heres the deal i bought a gaming pc in 2016 with a msi gaming x gtx 1060 6gb in it. it has 1 hdmi and 3 display ports 1.4 , i was using a 22inch generic 60hz benq monitor(benq vz2250) which only has hdmi. But i wanted a 2 monitor setup now so i am planning an acer kg271 75hz 27' which unfortunately dosent seem to have a display port either its hdmi only (i havent ordered it yet so better screen recommendations are welcome) . So my question is if i use the hdmi port from my gpu for the new monitor will i be able to connect my old mintor to one of the display ports ? or do i have to look at a display port monitor for the new one (which seem to be way more expensive)

Sep 30, 2019
But it has a DVI port. You can use a DVI to HDMI cable.
Oh i didnt know thats an option... So an update on this.... Amazon suddenly dropped a massive sale on an lg ultrawide which has display port too... so i cancelled my current monitor order and got that one. And it shud be perfect. But thanks for helping. Knowledge added so next time i buy another monitor i dont have to research for 2 days