[SOLVED] Can I connect RGB Led Strips?

Deep12345

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2014
Am using asus Crosshair v formula z motherboard along with cooler master storm stryker case.....fx 8150 processor & radeon rx 570 ..
I want to install RGB led strips inside my case...
I looked for some premium one such as Deepcool RGB 200EX RGB LED Strip & Deepcool RGB350 Color LED strip

But am confused with my decision because of pins issues
Will it fit in my CPU smoothly ??????
Any suggestions

Solution
You need to check what RGB headers your motherboard has and what RGB connections those led strips have. Usually they can be used without any motherboard connection, just plug into power and use a remote supplied with them to control the lights. If you want them controlled by the software for the motherboard RGB then you need to get lights that can connect to that motherboard.
You need to check what RGB headers your motherboard has and what RGB connections those led strips have. Usually they can be used without any motherboard connection, just plug into power and use a remote supplied with them to control the lights. If you want them controlled by the software for the motherboard RGB then you need to get lights that can connect to that motherboard.

Reactions: Deep12345
Solution
Am using asus Crosshair v formula z motherboard along with cooler master storm stryker case.....fx 8150 processor & radeon rx 570 ..
I want to install RGB led strips inside my case...
I looked for some premium one such as Deepcool RGB 200EX RGB LED Strip & Deepcool RGB350 Color LED strip

But am confused with my decision because of pins issues
Will it fit in my CPU smoothly ??????
Any suggestions
That MB doesn't have any RGB headers., case doesn't have any either so you need a separate RGB controller.

KawaTom

Reputable
Jan 17, 2020
Just remember that RGB comes in two different types. Normal RGB and ARGB (addresseble RGB) sometimes called DRGB. Normal is 4 pin and 12v ARGB is 3 pin 5v. Do not try and mix them!

NZXT, Cooler Master and many other sell kits with controler and strips.