[SOLVED] Can I control Individual fan speeds with this?

Chris127

Reputable
Nov 19, 2020
Hi, I am looking to buy this splitter as I currently have 4 fans that I have that I am unable to connect as I only have one pin available. Please advise me if this is a good idea. If not, are there any better alternatives? If This is a good idea, please tell me if I am able to individually control the fans speed from the BIOS of my mobo (Gigabyte B450M DS3H) using this splitter. Thanks very much in advance for your response.

Solution
Hi, I am looking to buy this splitter as I currently have 4 fans that I have that I am unable to connect as I only have one pin available. Please advise me if this is a good idea.
Not a good idea.
You have to check technical specs of those fans. If they together require more than 1A, you may possibly damage your only available fan header on motherboard.
Obviously - with a splitter you can't control fans individually.
Fan controller is required.
Hi, I am looking to buy this splitter as I currently have 4 fans that I have that I am unable to connect as I only have one pin available. Please advise me if this is a good idea.
Not a good idea.
You have to check technical specs of those fans. If they together require more than 1A, you may possibly damage your only available fan header on motherboard.
Obviously - with a splitter you can't control fans individually.
Fan controller is required.

Solution